Good Morning Zoats
Another wonderful recipe from the Sauce archives – health and wellness blogger Sarah Leanne Rose aka The Growing Butterfly has the perfect breakfast to set you up for the day, whatever you’re doing.
You can have some fun with these ‘zoats’ by adding whatever toppings you fancy, like a shake of cocoa powder and some sliced banana or frozen berries.
1 scoop protein powder
1 tbsp honey
1 tsp flaxseed
- Start by adding the oats to a pan, then grate the courgette over the top.
- Next pour the milk in and gently stir the mixture together until combined.
- On a low-medium heat, place the pan on a hob and allow to cook for a minute or two, stirring at intervals.
- Now add in your chosen ingredients to create the desired flavour combination and mix well.
- Turning down the heat, leave to cook for a further minute before serving straight away in a bowl, adding any additional toppings of your choosing.
Toppings can be anything that you like such as:
- Nut butter
- Nuts and seeds
- A little chocolate
You can find more of Sarah’s recipes and blogs about mental health and other topics on: